Nomvula’s Knitters has 12 years’ experience in knitting and supplying the wholesale market in South Africa and boutiques in London, New York, Sydney and Scandinavia. We do have local designers that choose to work with us because of our capability, treatment of the environment and to support the knitters in St Francis Bay.
We can supply short runs of 10 items and as many as 4,000 garments. Minimum orders of 10 garments per design. Designs and colours can be generated from our online store or customers can supply their own designs and or yarn.
We love working with natural yarns like hand-dyed bamboo, organic cottons, mohair, wool and there is always place for good quality acrylics. We offer a wide range of beautiful colours in the natural yarns and acrylics. Click here to view our yarns.
Garments are completed by hand, with ribbing or crochet edging and sometimes embellished with gorgeous little flowers depending on the customer’s request. Before leaving our workshop, each item is carefully inspected.
Our products are not mass produced, as we work on hand operated, flat-bed, domestic knitting machines imported from England.
- View the designs that we have online or send us your designs and size specifications in a tech pack or we can supply a template for you to complete.
- Select from our custom yarns and colours on line or discuss alternatives with us.
- Our machines are 3, 4 and 5 gauge machines and are capable of a variety of stitches which we can happily discuss with you.
- We make up samples for your approval. A second sample with your changes may be required for approval. Samples are charged at a retail rate, but discounted to the wholesale price after an order of 10 or more items are made.
- Please supply your own labels which we are happy to insert or use the Nomvula’s Knitters label.
- Many companies successfully use our swing tags that honour the knitter who proudly made the items.
- A 50% deposit is required before manufacture can begin.
- Production times and delivery dates will be handled per order.
- Delivery and courier/ postal options will be discussed per project.
- We are a registered exporter and can discuss bulk shipping.
Don’t delay…. contact Us Today